To stay healthy and feel comfortable, we need the help of some medical equipment. They have indeed become part and parcel of life. Thanks to technology and advancements that many quality products are being introduced in the market regularly. These products are made after thorough research to meet the needs of the people. Similarly, Oxygen Concentrator is a product that is in high demand in the market due to the present situation. These oxygen machines can be a great relief to people who are suffering from pulmonary diseases. Like any other device, oxygen machines are available in different varieties and specifications. If you know them well, it will help you to grab the right product at the best price. This guide will surely help you to learn more about oxygen machines and will make it easy to buy the best oxygen machine for home.
What is Oxygen Concentrator?
An Oxygen Concentrator is used for individuals who have low oxygen levels due to various health conditions. An oxygen machine collects the air from the surroundings and then filters the nitrogen and the other gases. Further, it gets collected and can be inhaled by the person when in need.
When to use an Oxygen Concentrator?
Certain health conditions may lead to a drop in oxygen levels. Some of them are
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD)
- Respiratory system trauma
- Lung diseases
A person with low oxygen levels may feel difficulty in breathing, and this can be dangerous if the person doesn’t get medical aid immediately. Low oxygen levels may even affect the vital organs of the body like the brain and heart. In these circumstances, getting an oxygen concentrator handy can help you a lot.
Step Guide to Buy Oxygen Concentrator in India:
Buying an oxygen concentrator is not that difficult. Although, following few steps can help a lot. Firstly, you need to consult your doctor and check the health condition of the person for whom the oxygen concentrator is required. The doctor will prescribe the dose of the oxygen level that’s required for you. The next step is checking the best oxygen machine for home. You can effortlessly check the varieties with specifications online now. Comparing the different products will help you to know its features and price. Thereby you can easily check the oxygen machine for home use price and select the perfect one.
Though there are wide varieties available in the market, it requires some research to find the perfect one that suits you. Few points that may help you are listed below:
- Choose a device that requires low Power Consumption: As with other devices, oxygen machines require a quality power supply to work well. Even though there are many devices at the best prices, some of them consume high power. And so ensure that you choose the one which can perform well under a low power supply. Oxygen Concentrator Double Flow can provide a standard flow with reduced power consumption.
- Check the accuracy of Oxygen Concentration: The oxygen that is collected and filtered is delivering to the person. It contains an exact percentage of pure oxygen content. It is generally known as Oxygen Concentration. The standard concentration value is between 87 to 99 percent. And so, most of the quality high-power devices are designed to deliver high purity oxygen.
- Confirm the Flow Rate of the device: Checking the flow rate is essential to buy a suitable quality device. Flow rate is the rate, which the oxygen is delivered to the patient. By checking the flow rate capabilities, you will be able to confirm its capacity. Some devices are designed with low flow rates (ranging from 250 to 750ml per minute), whereas High-Pressure Oxygen Concentratorspossess (like 2 to 10 liters per minute). It is very important to discuss with the doctor and confirm the needed flow rate based on your health conditions.
- Portability of the device: Oxygen concentrators are available in different sizes and weights. Selecting a mobile device will be very helpful. Some devices which deliver high oxygen flow are large and heavy. Now, the demand has highly increased for portable oxygen concentrators. So, portable devices are much convenient while you consider house use and can it’s much easy to carry with you even while travelling.
- Checking the Noise Level: These devices produce some noise while filtering. But if you prefer a calm and relaxed atmosphere, then a nose-free one will suit you.
- Warranty: Branded oxygen concentrators come with a good warranty policy. Checking the warranty policies may help you to buy a quality product that lasts for a more extended period.
How Portable oxygen machine works?
Portable oxygen concentrators obtain air, then purify it, and then delivers the purified air. To know about how this machine works, just go through the five processes given below:
- Oxygen machine collects the air from the surroundings
- Compresses the oxygen
- Remove the nitrogen and other gases from the air
- Regulate the path to deliver the air
A person receives this purified air by inhaling.
How to choose a Good Portable Oxygen Machine?
Few things have to be considered and taken care of while buying a portable oxygen machine for home use. Some of them are listed below:
- The device should be easy to use and handle
- Battery life and accessibility to the power supply is very important
- Check the size and weight of the device. Light-weight devices will be the best.
- Compare and check a device available at the best price
- The noise level of the device should be confirmed before finalizing
Top 10 Best Oxygen Concentrators Available in India:
After thorough research and comparison, we are here with the best oxygen machine for home available in India.
Here are the top 10 Best Oxygen concentrators from the renowned brands and Best price Oxygen Concentrators with various specifications
It is one of the most highly competent products which are portable and light-weight. Its versatility makes it the best and most preferred product. It is highly durable and attractive. It possesses an internal compressor. These devices are pretty easy to handle and use.
- High-efficiency oxygen concentrator.
- Offers the flow capacity of 0.5 to 2 LMP.
- With a great oxygen purity level of up to 97%.
- Highly lightweight and it’s just 4.5kg.
- Comes with a carry bag and case.
- Offers a standard warranty of 2 years.
If you are looking for a perfect oxygen machine, then no doubt this is the perfect product. This product is best for patients with Asthma, RDS, and BPD. Its best attraction is the most advanced alarm system. It offers an air purity level of up to 90percent. It is lightweight and can deliver up to 5 LMP.
- Easier and safe to use.
- Comes with the most advanced technologies like LCD, Indication of flow rate, and alarm system.
- Perfect for home use and so comes with a 390VA power consumption.
This particular model is made with the latest German technology. It comes with a nebulizer which is an added advantage for its users. OXYMED Oxygen Concentrator Machine also possess a HEPA filter and dust filter which keep the device free from bacteria and other allergens. The displacement compressor allows the device to use for longer hours efficiently.
- Oxygen flows 0.5-5 LMP and offers 93% air purity.
- Comes with a dust filter and HEPA filter.
- Portable and compact with a weight of 13.9kgs.
- Easy to use and maintain.
This particular brand has so many options for customers. This specific model comes with a 14kg weight and so it is pretty easy to carry it around. Another highlight is its power-saving technology. The air purity level is 93% up to 5 LMP. It is noise-free and does not generate heat. Above all, it comes with a 3yrs warranty.
- Noise-free, Lightweight, and generates less heat
- Possess an oxygen purity indicator.
- Low power consumption.
It is one of the best options if you are looking out for a portable device. It offers a flow rate of up to 5Ltrs up to a 96% purity level. It can be called a three-in-one device as it comes with a nebulizer and humidifier. The key features like smart sensors, alarm systems, and LCD make it the best option for anybody looking for a perfect oxygen machine.
- Comes with a 3years warranty.
- Flow rate 1-5 LMP, assures oxygen purity 96.2%.
- Compact and weighs only 15kg.
- Power consumption is 400 watts and voltage is AC 110V.
- Comes with Nebulizer and humidifier.
This is a perfect choice for a patient who requires long-term oxygen therapy. The sleek design of the product makes it easy to handle. It comes with RPSA technology. It can be wheeled from one place to another. The rear panel makes it easy for anybody to access the battery, filter, and gauge. These are one of the best options for people who require high-flow oxygen.
- Provides up to 10litres of oxygen up to 95percent purity.
- High-efficiency compressor.
- Built on Nuvo platform.
- Metal exterior fitting makes it more durable.
The Inogen One G3 is one of the smallest and the lightest portable concentrators which is are in high demand. This machine is designed in such a way to give utmost comfort to its users. It is so lightweight that you can carry it anywhere easily.
- Very easy to maintain and are lightweight.
- Comes with a 2 years warranty.
- Long battery life.
- Wearable technology.
They are the best oxygen machine for homes with an oxygen flow rate of up to 3litres and air purity level up to 93percent. It comes with a thermally protected compressor. The nebulizer function of the device increases its demand. It also comes with a two years warranty. It possesses the most advanced noise reduction technology.
- Comes with a nebulizer.
- Domestic oxygen machine specially for home use.
- Comes with a 2year warranty.
- Oxygen Outflow 3 LMP.
They are portable and lightweight and so easy to carry during travel. It’s capable of producing up to 5litres with a 90 % purity level. Specially designed for travel purposes and so it comes with a trolley and a carry bag. It possesses a 2years warranty.
- Specially designed for travel purposes.
- Two years warranty.
- Long-lasting battery.
- Comes with a carrying cart facility.
It is a domestic oxygen machine that is patient-friendly. They are much easy to clean and maintain. It does not generate heat and has a noise reduction system. It contains a wheel which makes it easy to transfer from one place to another.
- Comes with a flow rate of 5 LMP.
- Offers 93% purity level.
- It contains 10 extra filters.
- Comes with a two years warranty.
Oxygen concentrators can be a great option for patients with low oxygen levels. Before choosing any device, makes sure to consult a doctor. He can better advise you with the right methods to use and the correct dosage to be taken.
1. How much does a home oxygen machine cost?
They are available at different prices depending upon the model and the specifications. The prices may vary from heavier to portable devices. They are available in a price range of rupees 5000/piece.
2. What is the best oxygen concentrator for home use?
There are many devices available for home use. You should select a device based on the flow rate according to your health condition. A portable oxygen concentrator is much productive and easy to use.
3. Can I buy oxygen to use at home?
Yes, you can use it with the advice of your doctor. Based on the health condition, your doctor can recommend the necessary product and the guidelines to use.
4. Can I buy an oxygen machine?
Yes, buying an oxygen machine is quite easy. Nowadays, many oxygen concentrators are readily available for home use. These devices are available from a low flow of 1 to 5LMP to a high flow up to 10LMP.